Thursday, May 19, 2005

musical baton

in light of the recent events in the singapore blogsphere where reality and virtuality did cross paths (re: racist psc scholar & acidflask-gate), it is difficult not to resist some conspiracy theorising on the nature of this musical baton thingy as a somewhat insidious attempt by recording companies to luring bloggers into publically admitting that they have pirated music in their possession and then single a few out for legal action in an effort to coerce the entire cyber community into giving up illegal music downloading. this is probably worthy of a nethoax in itself, but oh well, with little miss drinkalot passing me the baton, how could i resist? so here it goes:

total volume of music files on my computer:
6.85GB

the last CD I bought was:

genius loves company : ray charles

song playing right now:

flower of carnage : meiko kajo - kill bill ost - it just strengthens my crush i have on oren-ishi

five songs I listen to a lot, or mean a lot to me (or I just like):

tango theme from scene of a woman ost - a beautiful track from an even better movie

california - phantom planet: california dreamin'...not the least when i'm still in this godforsaken corner of australia

ai dao chai chi tong (hokkien): huang yi ling - this has to be the most poetic hokkien song ever written

theme from the godfather : can't stop listening to it after my godfather trilogy marathon and that scolding i got from my dad over the phone the day before

you don't have to say you love me : dusty springfield - music education from nadia of american idol

am passing the baton to:

c (dun you just hate it when cds are so expensive in oz?)
missyjurisfiction (cheer up!)
syntaxfree (the indie music guru)

fuck the corporate world

2 Comments:

Blogger the virgin undergrad said...

Nothing much, just follow the format, post whatever music u dig, and pass it to other bloggers.

Monday, May 23, 2005 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

hey bro,

i just updated my blog... finally!

it's just my poems la, nothing much but i really like these recent few, so yar...

http://aguyundertheinfluence.blogspot.com/

Sunday, May 29, 2005 3:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home